06 July 2009

Gather is Online AGAIN - WHY?


So here's the deal. About a month ago, I decided to put my music documentary, "Gather 'Round the Mic," online. It's still there at http://gatherroundthemic-movie.com.

But... while there are a few who have watched it in its entirety online (many thanks), I felt I wasn't reaching as wide an audience as possible. And at the end of the day, eyes are the most valuable currency.

So, I've done a little experiment. Dubbed "Gather 'Round the Mic: The Nibbly Edition," the movie is now divided into 13 bite-sized parts of roughly 5-6 minutes each. It's like an iTunes album purchase. You can watch the whole thing, you can watch bits and pieces, you can skip around, you can do whatever you want. Share it, hate it, love it, whatever works for you.

Generally, I shy away from chopping up a piece of work into smaller pieces, but I think it came out pretty nicely. It's not the optimal way to view it from a filmmaking standpoint, but from an internet audience standpoint, I think it's just the ticket.

We'll see.

I'll post the link tomorrow.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Multi-Hyphenate. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan