08 December 2009

For Every Action...

Thoughts run from my brain (sometimes) to my mouth or to my fingers and are regurgitated on these pages.  The truth is, I would write this stuff even if I no one read it.  Instead of talking to myself, I type to you and you generally respond.  The last award I received was a high school diploma a long time ago.  So imagine my surprise to find that the Twitter-ific Tom-Waits aficionado and writer Karen Quah  of the splendiferous Modern Day Storyteller bestowed upon my multi-hyphenated self the Kreativ Blogger Award.

Humbled. Honored. Intoxicated.

Apparently there are rules that go along with this.  They are:
1. Copy and paste the pretty picture which you see on the top left corner onto your own blog.
2. Thank the person who gave you the award and post a link to their blog.
3. Write 7 things about yourself we do not know.
4. Choose 7 other bloggers to award.
5. Link to those 7 other bloggers.
6. Notify your 7 bloggers.
The photo mentioned in item 1 is firmly placed on the page.  To the lovely Karen Quah, I am extremely grateful.  And surprised.  And thrilled to be honored by such talent.

Now, seven things about me you don't know.  Umm...

1.) I stopped wearing neckties because of a freak vibraphone accident.  I'm slowly getting over it.
2.) I make killer martinis.
3.) I drove from Cleveland to Buffalo for Mighty Taco soft tacos and it was worth it.  I was bored. And hungry.
4.) I was robbed at a wine store and became the hero of Beacon Hill in Boston- after being called the frightened female clerk.
5.) Because of the above, I got to turn down Maury Povich.
6.) I frequently question whether or not Dick Goddard, the patron saint of Ohio weather-guys is in fact, deceased, and stored in cold storage at Fox 8 News, brought out Weekend at Bernie's style every night for the weather forecast.  An infiltration in August did not answer my question.
7.) In spite of my previous employ, I do not know who killed JFK.

Onto the seven blogs (in no particular order).

1.) Mina Zaher's "Journey of a Screenwriter."  An honest look at the trials and tribulations of writing screenplays by the wonderful Mina Zaher  Plus, she loves The Red Shoes.  Anybody who loves that movie is awesome in my book.

2.) Writer Unboxed -The last thing this site needs is another award, but screw it.  It's a great site and blog, written by a bevvy of literary beauties, including the wonderful Therese Walsh, who, like me, will never touch Guitar Hero again.  Oh - and her debut novel just came out - The Last Will of Moira Leahy.

3.) Lee Bishop Film - In which Lee Bishop, North Carolina filmmaker extraordinaire gives continuous inspiration to get off my ass.

4.) Joke & Biagio: Producing In Hollywood - Husband/wife producing team Joke & Biagio continue to rack up awards.  Even when putting together the second season of Scream Queens.  They manage to do it because they write a damn good and informative blog.

5.) Pulptone - Sure, I write for the site, but it doesn't mean I can't admire the stuff Anthony Schiavino is doing.  Sergeant Zero, reviews, and a dedication to all things pulp and comics, the passion behind the site shows.

6.) King is a Fink - The filmmaking duo of Julie Keck and Jessica King are an endless source of humor and inspiration.  I'm not just saying that because I'm officially the(ir) pool boy of indie film.

7.) Pop Culture Divas - a bunch of cool chicks pontificate on television, books, and movies.  What's not to love?

Thus concludes my duties as thankful Kreativ Blogger Award Winner.  Now for the after-party.


4 comments:

Lee Bishop said...

Thanks for the most excellent award and blog review! lol

moderndaystoryteller said...

Ha, love your seven things. Killer martinis? Knew you had talent. Some mean bloggers you've got listed here. Can't wait to check out the ones I don't know. Congrats Tyler! Well-deserved!

Therese Walsh said...

Hey, thanks for the shout out!

Tyler Weaver said...

Indeed, I do make killer martinis. Love mixing drinks. My pleasure for the shout-outs.

 
Copyright 2009 Multi-Hyphenate. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan