08 February 2010

Tyler @ marialokken.com - I'm a Filmmaker With Karate Chop Action... Redux

by Tyler Weaver.  Follow me on Twitter.


Usually, I'd take this spot with one of my own articles, but today's going to be different in MH-land.  Last week I penned an article for television producer Maria Lokken's website, marialokken.com called "A Film in the Life of a Multi-Hyphenate Guppy," and Maria was kind enough to ask me to return this week.

So I did, with "I'm a Filmmaker with Karate Chop Action... Redux," my first remake, of my own article here at MH (from September), "I'm a Filmmaker with Karate Chop Action."  I took the opportunity to revisit the article, expand it, and fix some spots I screwed up the first time 'round.  

Here's a small taste, and then be sure to click over to Maria's site for the full article!

"I hate remakes.

Well, OK.  That’s not a hundred percent true.  I love some of them – Huston’s MALTESE FALCON, Carpenter’s THE THING, Scorsese’s CAPE FEAR, Cronenberg’s THE FLY, and Hitchcock’s remake of his own THE MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH (of which Hitch said, “the original was the work of a gifted amateur; the remake the work of a professional”).

All that said, I’m doing a remake of one of my own works here.  No, not a film. I’m not going to remake THE FOURTEEN MINUTE GAP (though I don’t deny wanting to tinker with it again).  I’m going to remake – revisit – an article I wrote for my MULTI-HYPHENATE blog, waaaay back in the day when it was a Tyler-exclusive site (OK, September 2009).

When Maria and I discussed me writing another article for this wonderful site, I brought up the idea that she was more than welcome to take any article I had written and republish it on her site.  I put forth the article, I’M A FILMMAKER WITH KARATE CHOP ACTION, which I figured would be a good one, extolling my belief that the filmmaker is the product – and the films they create are parts of that product.

Looking back on the article, I realized I wanted to change some things, and alter a few ideas according to my development in the past six months.  And here we are…"

To read the full article, click the link below!


And be sure to stay tuned later today at MH for an article from Hollywood producers, Joke Finocien and Biagio Messina, better known as Joke and Biagio

Tyler Weaver is an independent filmmaker and unrelenting multih-hyphenate, a regular contributor to the pulptone.com website, and is the founder and EIC of Multi-Hyphenate... which you're reading right now.  He's currently making new things...

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Multi-Hyphenate. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan