20 April 2010

Tyler @ Pulptone - HOUSE: Transvestite Knights in Shining Armor

by Tyler Weaver.  Follow me on Twitter.





A few weeks ago, I said that I was slowly hitting the point where I wondered, “would I watch the show if I weren’t reviewing it?”  This episode was another push towards that direction.  It’s not that it was bad by any stretch of the imagination.  It was enjoyable enough – even the worst episode of HOUSE is better than the best episodes of most serials. There’s rich characters, good development, and an intriguing through-line story. Though this week, it was a bit of “let’s come up with something funky so we can put House in a funny outfit and put Thirteen in a corset (not that I minded that part).”

A lovelorn knight falls prey to steroid use to win the love of his Queen, who’s engaged to be married to the King, who was really rich, and made his minions eat cow eyeballs and hemlock. Said Knight has blood-red eyeballs (which is kinda cool and creepy), and has spells of his heart working and not working. Of course, the Queen shows up, and Thirteen knows he loves her, and… who am I kidding. I couldn’t care less about the story. It didn’t grab me at all.

Read the complete review at Pulp Tone Dot Com:


Tyler Weaver is a filmmaker, writer, contributor to the pulptone.com website, and is the founder and EIC of Multi-Hyphenate... which you're reading right now.  He's currently making new things and yaks about that and more on Twitter under the creative guise of @tylerweaver.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Multi-Hyphenate. Powered by Blogger Blogger Templates create by Deluxe Templates. WP by Masterplan